Look what I received!!!!! Go buy Ryan Blair’s book, Rock Bottom to Rock Star! A must read! The Excuse Department is Closed! #rb2rs
The term ‘rock star’ is no longer exclusive to someone on stage holding a mic. A rock star can be anyone who embodies the qualities of success, and lives a life that lets them own their own stage. You can be a rock star CEO, employee or mom, and shine in whatever field you choose to pursue – no matter where you came from, or how many ‘rock bottom’ moments you’ve experienced along the way.
Ryan Blair has battled extreme obstacles: life as a former gang member, balancing a demanding career with single parenthood, building and selling multiple companies, and making and losing tens of millions of dollars (sometimes all in one day). He’s had a lot of success… and plenty of rock bottom moments.
Rock Bottom to Rock Star is about learning to take those moments at the bottom, when you’re beaten down, exhausted, embarrassed, and cornered, and using them to propel yourself forward. Much of his advice is counter-intuitive, and definitely NOT what you’d learn in business school.
You never have to be a millionaire to be a rock star; you never have to quit your job. You can start wherever you are, in whatever industry or position you’ve already chosen. But you have to start NOW. This book will show you how.
- 5 rules for being a rockstar. How Ryan created a multi-platinum career + bounced back from countless ‘rock bottom’ moments… and you can too. [Page 5]
- Why hard work doesn’t always pay off… and what you should be doing instead. (Hint: millionaires have the same number of hours in a day that you do!) [Page 22]
- Should you go solo and start your own business? Answer these questions to discover the best next move for you. [Page 170]
- The strategies they DON’T teach you in business school about how to succeed in life + business over the long-term.
- How to handle your ‘haters’ with style. If you’re going to be successful, you WILL have haters. Here’s how to gain their respect, or even turn them into friends! [Page 179]
- How to discover and hone your superpowers – so you stand out from the competition, and consistently WIN at the game of life + business. [Page 49]
- Is your business model flawed? Why it’s critical to reinvent your brand or business, to attract (and keep!) the attention of your ideal clients + fans. [Page 115]
- How to turn setbacks into the fuel for your success by calculating (and increasing) your failure quotient. [Page 59]
- The biggest hiring mistakes that could cost you time, money, or even bankrupt your business! … and how to avoid them. [Page 119]
- Funding First – The mindset that helps top CEOs like Elon Musk consistently get the resources to make their best ideas come to life. [Page 101]