Last fall Alita and I were having a conversation with Darren Hardy, Publisher of Success Magazine. Alita asks Darren, “Who is going to be on the next cover of Success magazine?” Darren replies, “Joel Olsteen. He has a following of millions.” I said, “You are in his league.” Darren says, “Not hardly. He has 40 million followers and I have 90 thousand.” Then I said, “You still have some work to do.”
When I returned home, I continued to think about our conversation. Darren teaches success principles and how to have and live successfully. Why does Joel have 40 million? Joel teaches “HOPE”. People are more hungry for an intangible of HOPE instead of a tangible of Success. To most, Hope is more desirable and more attainable than success. Hope is unmeasurable and success is measurable. Where there is Life, there is HOPE.
Definition of HOPE:
1. A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Something that is hoped for or desired: Success is our hope.
3. One that is a source of or reason for hope: the team’s only hope for victory.
4. The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a future good, difficult but not impossible to attain with God’s help.
5. Trust; confidence.
When you provide Hope to people (something much bigger than themselves), give them a platform to attain their hope and the ability to sustain their hope, you have a winning formula.
- Hope to realize all their Goals, Dreams and Aspirations.
- Hope for more freedom.
- Hope of a better Life.
- Hope of having better Health.
- Hope of having greater Prosperity.
- Hope of being able to give back.
- Hope for a higher connection with God.